When hiring a plumber, you don’t just Google around and have someone visit your home or business to fix a leaking faucet without investigating his work’s integrity. Minor leaks that accidentally happen could lead to major plumbing jobs if the previous plumber you hired did not do his job correctly. This could lead to trust issues. So, whenever you need to hire a plumber, it is best to prepare a few questions before you close a deal.
Looking for a plumber is not easy, because anyone can say he can do the job even if he is not specialised on the field. When you need a “real” plumber to solve your water and pipe problems, the questions will lead you to the correct plumber.
A competent plumber fits the following criteria. But finding the right one can be a difficult job because you need to establish a good working relationship with him. Asking the following questions will dig up some information about the prospective plumber, encourage mutual understanding, and forge a healthy working relationship.
- Are you a licensed plumber? As electricians are required to have a license before they can nail a contract, it is the same with plumbers. The plumbing system in your property is one of the most important structures that are crucial for your everyday living. Without a healthy and safe plumbing system, your home or building will be compromised, and the lives of the inhabitants will be affected. A licensed plumber can vouch for the integrity of his knowledge and skill in fixing any plumbing issue. A license also serves as his proof that he is well versed in the latest techniques of the plumbing industry and that he is committed to abide by the industry’s standards.
- How long have you been in the plumbing industry? The likes of Plumbers Portsmouth who has been in the plumbing industry for many years can only tell how much the plumber you’re talking to knows what he’s doing and what he can do more. Let’s say your boiler breaks down. Only an experienced plumber can fix boiler issues, especially if the scope concerns buildings, hotels, and apartments. Other problems such as flooding, sewer problems, in Portsmouth and its surrounding areas where the plumber is highly familiar with, it only means he has witnessed and been a part of all kinds of plumbing issues through the years.
- How much will this job cost me? A plumber who can provide a realistic estimate is someone you can be trusted to do the job. Once you laid the problem and he has an easy answer and accurate estimate, either fixed or per hour, then he is a potential go-to plumber. However, many plumbing contracts get busted whenever they give false assumption on how much is the “real deal.” In this case, the customer easily gets discouraged in fear that the plumbing contractor brings with him hidden charges. Transparency is key to trusting.
- Do you have references? The credibility of your potential plumber sometimes lies on the references under his belt. Good performance will always merit recognition from individuals, organisations, or former customers. If he can’t show or present his work portfolio, then you may be hiring the wrong man for the job. This, along with the years in the business, will propel his reputation to win more clients.
- Who will do the plumbing job? A plumber who is straightforward in terms of who will actually do the job will win the approval of his client. Although it is not wrong to use or hire subcontractors to the job in your place, you deserve to know who might appear in your site and what particular job the plumbers will do.
We can help you
For homeowners, a broken faucet or a simple leak can be a do-it-yourself job. But when things blow out of proportion, such as busted boilers, sewer system issues, clogged toilet and sink, old broken pipes, your certified plumber must handle the job.
As your reliable home improvement plumber, you can trust Plumbers Portsmouth to fix all your plumbing concerns. No plumbing job could ever be a challenge for us because in difficulty we live and earn while we bring quality results, making every homeowner or building owner safe and happy.
If you are looking for professional plumbers in the area, give us a call, and let our team of experts walk the talk.